Sermon Online -Aaron Brown “The Good Samaritan”
Hi Church Family;
Today (Thursday) I’ve been reminded, challenged by these words given to me “Less is more”? I was reminded of John 3:30 “ He must be greater; I must be less”. This verse was given to me along with the above words. As I ponder these words I’m reminded that life has been stripped back to less, or is it more? But what are we going to learn and change when we are able to meet together again face to face? I sense that the consumerism mentally and the driving need to make our church more attractive needs to change and focus more on Him than on us? Even in this time we/me are being tempted to fill the void with stuff/things/events/etc……..Less is more I hear the quiet voice say to me. For me, God has shown me areas fo my life that I need less of myself …..busyness, control, selfishness, and trust, and more of Him.
This week we have much to be thankful for:
We are thankful and celebrate the birth of two beautiful baby boys over the past week. Brittany Ashton gave birth to Luka John Ryan on 17/4/2020 and Amy and Brent Cowley welcomed Tobias Ivan Cowley on 20/4/2020. Congratulations to the Ashton, Cowley and Power families for the precious gift of life. Babies and mums are all doing well.
1. We continue to pray for our Government, leaders and essential workers.
2. We continue to pray for James (Biff), Browyn, Tamsyn and Ivy.
3. We continue to support and pray for those whose employment and income have been affected at this time.
4. We continue to pray for people and their loved ones who have contracted the virus.
5. We praise God for Karen being cleared of COVID-19 which enabled her treatment to be resumed.
This week Aaron will be providing the message on the Good Samaritan, along with a message from Ps Stephen and worship with Ps Jeremy https://bit.ly/MBC_GoodSamaritan_26042020
The children’s message is attached (or below). We also encourage the kids to think about what they could make to help them remember the lesson learnt from the parable of The Good Samaritan.